- Accomplished career demonstrating consistent success as a professional Arts Administrator and Educator.
- Recognized as a professional for developing an entrepreneurial and highly creative approach towards strategy, planning, institutional growth, marketing, fundraising, community relations, and problem solving.
- Recognized as an effective educator of arts administration connecting theory to real-world application.
- Professional experience includes commercial, not-for-profit, and educational theatre with skills in both presenting and producing.
- An energetic, collaborative, and team-oriented leader who is focused, diligent, hard working, and committed to personal and professional excellence.
Publications and Presentations
Association of Arts Administration Educators 2011 Annual Conference Panelist Serving From The Ivory Tower: Redirecting The Conversation (Co-Panelists: Dr. Antonio Culyer, Barbara Hauptman, Purchase College)
Savannah College of Art and Design, Savannah, GA
2011 – Present
- Teach Principles of Arts Administration, Promoting the Arts, Raising Funds in the Arts, Legal Issues in the Arts, Legal Issues in Arts and Entertainment, and Arts Administration Master of Arts Thesis to undergraduate and graduate students. Instruction is in the classroom and/or online.
- Responsibilities include serving as thesis committee chair or committee member of graduate student research projects, graduate advising, coordinating Alumni networking efforts, liaison with local organizations to identify internship, work-study, and research project opportunities, reviewing admission applications, portfolio review, program or course revisions, and program advancement.
Nyack College, New York, NY
2005 – 2006
- Taught Business Ethics, Mass Media and Society, Ethics in Mass Communication, Business Policy and Strategic Management to undergraduate students.
Clear Channel Entertainment – Theatrical, New York, NY
1998 – 2001
- As Director of Operations, responsible for traveling to satellite offices throughout North America presenting operational topics, including, but not limited to, contracts, liaison with productions, settlements, and accounting/auditing procedures.
- Taught staff with varying backgrounds on the proper usage of propriety software and other tools.
Ball State University, Muncie, IN
Teaching Assistant – Department of Theatre and Dance
- Responsible for supplementing Theatre Management course with relevant instructional materials for classroom discussions, presenting various theatre management topics, and assisting Professor Dr. Mark Hillenbrand with other duties as required.
- Business Ethics
- Business Policy and Strategic Management
- Ethics in Mass Communication
- Legal Issues in Arts and Entertainment
- Mass Media and Society
- Arts Administration Master of Arts Thesis
- Arts Financial Management
- Legal Issues in the Arts
- Principles of Arts Administration
- Promoting the Arts
- Raising Funds in the Arts
Areas of Professional Expertise
- Accounting Systems and Administration
- Audience Development
- Budget Development and Administration
- Capital Campaign Management
- Contract Negotiation and Formation
- Development and Fundraising
- Emergency Planning and Management
- Facilities Operation and Maintenance
- Financial Analysis, Forecasting, and Auditing
- Grant and Proposal Writing
- Human Resource and Administration
- Information Technology and Management
- Marketing, Public Relations, and Branding
- Production and Presenting Management
- Project and Event Management
- Strategic Planning
- Systems Development and Implementation
- Website Design and Maintenance